About the Company
DATE POSTED: 24-05-2018
HKScanis committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As part of this commitment, we seek to provide you with clear information about why and how HKScan processes your personal data and other information we may collect when you use our services.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect about you depends on your use of HKScan’s services. We collect and process personal data which:
- You give us. This is information about you that you give us by entering information via our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise and is provided entirely voluntarily. It includes information you provide when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number or message, such as a question or feedback about our products or other information you provide to us.
- We collect about you. With regard to your use of our services, such as websites, we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- information about your use of our services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information that is derived from information provided by you and collected by us, such as collective interests and behaviour of the visitors to our websites derived with use of analytics.
- Is provided to us by third parties, including information from publicly available registers and our service providers, such as information related to your use of our services as described above.
Please note that third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services) may also set cookies through our websites. These cookies are likely to be analytical or targeting cookies. Third party services or applications found on HKScan’s websites are subject to third parties’ privacy policies.
- Necessary cookies. These cookies are necessary for our websites and services to function. They enable basic functions like page navigation, logging in or filling forms.
- Functional cookies. These cookies support the enhanced functionalities of our websites, such as videos or social media sharing, and they also allow us to personalize our websites by storing your preferences. They may be set by us or a third party service provider, such as YouTube, whose services we have added to our website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies are set by our advertising partners through our websites. They may be used to build a profile of your interests, potentially based on which pages you have viewed, to display you HKScan and selected third parties’ advertisements on other websites.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites or they may not function properly.
If you do not wish to disable cookies through your browser settings, you may alternatively disable cookies by certain third parties through Your Online Choices-service, which also contains further information on cookies, online advertising and steps you can take to protect your privacy on the Internet.
3. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION AND THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
EU data protection laws require that we provide details of the purposes for which we use your information and the legal grounds on which we rely to perform that processing, which are as follows:
- the following processing purposes are necessary to achieve our legitimate interests:
- using the technical information that we collect about you to ensure that the site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you and for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to develop, operate, deliver, market and improve our products, services and content;
- for administration and internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis and testing; and
- dealing with any complaints, feedback or enquiries you submit to us;
- processing for which you have given us your consent:
- You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. In other cases, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice or by notice to us by the same medium via which your consent was given.
- processing which is necessary for compliance with legislation:
- we may also process your personal data in order to meet our legal obligations such as those related to accounting and food safety.
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal data:
- with HKScan group companies or companies associated to HKScan group companies for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice;
- with our third-party service providers including Google Analytics and other analytics and search engine providers to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, and the hosting services provider of email servers through and on which the correspondence we receive from you is processed. When we use such providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if in case any of HKScan group companies or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets;
- other parties with your consent.
5. SECURITY AND STORING OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our aim is to store your information within the European Economic Area (EEA). In some cases it might however be necessary for us or our partners to transfer your information at a destination outside the EEA.In such cases, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Please see section 8 for further details.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. HOW LONG WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION
Should we collect your personal data, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that data and our obligations under applicable legislation.
We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA
Your information may be transferred to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by us or our partners. Where adequate protections for your information do not exist under the laws of those countries, we will take necessary steps to ensure that appropriate safeguards are put in place to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Safeguards include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your information or ensuring that the recipients are subscribed to ‘international frameworks’ that ensure adequate protection. Please contact us using the details at the end of this Privacy Notice for more information about the protections that we put in place, including to obtain a copy of the relevant documents.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We are committed to ensuring that our use of your personal data is fair and transparent. Helping you to understand your legal rights is part of how we achieve this.
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to certain rights under EU data protection laws. These are, in summary:
- a right to access and obtain copies of the personal data we hold about you, and, where that processing is performed on the basis of your consent, to obtain copies from us in a commonly used, machine-readable format;
- a right to have your personal data deleted and/or rectified if inaccurate, and a right to object to our processing of it;
- a right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services and to access information held about you;
- a right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data, where that processing is performed on the basis of your consent;
- a right to complain to a local supervisory authority, if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal data; and
- a right to object to automated decision making, which affects you.
The way we process your personal data and the legal basis on which we rely to process those data may affect the extent to which these rights apply.If you would like to discuss any of your rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
9. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
Any changes we make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
10. CONTACT US
HKScan Oyj and other HKScan group companies as listed below are data controllers for their own personal data processing activities that are conducted in accordance with this Privacy Notice:
|HKScan Oyj||Processing of personal data in relation to:- www.hkscan.com– HKScan’s corporate communications, such as investor and media relations.|
|HKScan Finland Oy
HKScan Sweden AB
HKScan Denmark A/S
AS HKScan Estonia
AS HKScan Latvia
UAB HKScan Lietuva (Lithuania)
|Processing of personal data in their respective countries in relation to:- Consumer and customer service- Marketing campaigns
– Our websites aimed for consumers and customers
|Paimion Teurastamo Oy||Processing of personal data in relation to www.paimionteurastamo.fi|
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to HKScan Data Privacy Manager at email@example.com, who acts as a representative of the above data controllers.
You can also write to us at: